With the right preparation, and consideration of your audience, comedy can have a lasting impact in transferring knowledge and engaging people in your work. The key to success is in the preparation of your material.
- Identify your key messages (see So What? Summary)
- Identify your audience and the location in which your set will take place (you will need to adjust your material dependent on the age, interests and prior experience of your audience, and any considerations about your venue)
- Write your script, avoid using complex or complicated terms and incorporate anecdote and experience to bring work to life
- Practice, practice and practice (including in front of an audience)
- Give it a go, what’s the worse that could happen?