A traditional method ideally suited to transmitting information, expertise and insight to a large audience.
- Prepare early: identify and approach speakers, book a venue, share and advertise widely
- Identify a Chairperson to ensure that you keep to time on the day, to introduce speakers and to facilitate discussion
- Allow plenty of time in the programme for breaks and networking
- Where possible include a mix of didactic and interactive activities (see Workshops or Lightning Talks) to ensure your audience are not just sat listening all day
- Consider how to engage your virtual audience (see Twitter or Blogging)
- Consider how to ensure that your delegates commit to actioning, changing or doing something as a result of their attendance and learning