Infographics are an engaging way of making data accessible and easy to share. Used to present numbers and words visually, they can be particularly useful at making numbers impactful and complementing text heavy reports. An infographic artist or designer will distil key take-away points and convey them in a visually appealing way.
- Find someone who can produce your infographic for you; software is available to enable you to do this yourself but you are likely to get a better quality product if you engage a designer
- Identify key messages and statistics from your data
- Share any branding guidelines, colour schemes or visuals used elsewhere in the project before starting
- Identify in advance how you will share your infographic
- An infographic is a useful way of sharing key information, but it should complement other outputs, not replace them in their entirety