Podcasts have grown in popularity in recent years as an easy way for people to access information. The term podcast refers to a downloadable series of audio or video files. They allow research information to be accessed at the listeners convenience e.g. while in the gym or travelling, and consequently social care practitioners report that they find them useful.
- Identify your key messages, and your intended audience (see Stakeholder Mapping)
- Storyboard your video or audio script and plan what you will say
- Consider whether to record your podcast yourself, you can use most smart phones or a webcam on a computer, or to employ a professional
- Create a series of podcasts for each project if you have enough material, you will if you report on the process as well as findings
- Consider how you can involve other people and stakeholders in recording podcasts
- Collect feedback from listeners, and respond accordingly